This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is a classic 2000s Rom-Com. It goes over all the stereotypical ways men get scared off, as they say in the movie, being too needy, clingy, obsessive. But why are all the women getting a bad rap? There are PLENTY of things guys NEED to stop doing for the sake of women. Here’s how to lose a girl in ten days..or less. 

First, learn how to talk. Stop being dry over text and even more dry in person. It’s not cute, it’s annoying. Keeping the conversation one-sided will get you the boot sooner or later. Learn how to ping-pong the conversation and understand the difference between confidence and arrogance. 

Second, work on yourself. Go to therapy, I’m tired of being your therapist without payment. Talk about your feelings, learn how you communicate. Having unhealthy coping mechanisms and not being willing to work on it is severely unattractive. 

Third, don’t be a pig. Whether it be with your appearance, apartment, or demeanor. Stop it. Take a shower, dust off your toilet seat, and use your manners. If you can’t do that you will be ghosted before you can let out an oink. 

Finally, have a plan. It is such a boner killer to be seeing someone with no life goals. You don’t have to have it all figured out but having something in the works is better than nothing. If you are not pursuing anything in life you are going to struggle to pursue me. 

If any of you have hung out with guys like these, I understand the struggle. But knowing you are worth more and being willing to walk away is your greatest strength. Don’t waste your time on these boys and go after some real men.

Paige