jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Solo Travel helps your Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Adventuring can bring happiness to anyone that knows how to enjoy it. Solo travel can be part of that happiness and you will feel it in your soul. After a recent trip to NYC, I realized what I really enjoy doing. I also realized how much I love traveling. It can truly help your soul.

Discover what you enjoy

Solo traveling is all about doing the vacation on your own. Make a list of everything you want to see and do while you embark on your next journey. This may become a small itinerary, but that’s okay because no one is telling you where to go and when. It just gives you an idea of how to tackle all of your favorites in one place. I’ve been on vacation and wanted to experience kayaking in the ocean, but I couldn’t with those that I was traveling with. Make sure this list is all about YOU.

Have some quiet time

Every trip deserves a moment of silence. You are currently doing something wonderful and not worrying about reality situations that are stressful. Traveling has the power to make you enjoy what you are doing. Take a moment to just think about all of the fabulous places you’ve been to or are going to and understand that life it great! You’re doin’ you and enjoying every minute of it!

Go beyond your comfort zone

One of the most important things you should experience during solo travel is going beyond your comfort zone. Trying new things is healthy because you are not going through a routine you are already familiar with. This helps you grow as a human being and there’s a chance you may experience one of the best moments ever when it’s out of your comfort zone! Say yes, go on that hike, learn to surf, cross the bridge, drive along the coast. Whatever creates new experiences, do it. It’s good for your soul.

My name is Nicole Hallman. I am a junior at MNSU and will be graduating in fall 2019. I'm majoring in mass media and minoring in communication studies. My hobbies consist of drinking coffee, traveling and cuddling with my dog Saul. 
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.