How To: Say ‘Yes’ for One whole Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you’ve ever seen the movie Yes Man, you would know that for a year, Carl (Jim Carrey) commits himself to saying ‘yes’ to literally everything. It sounds a little extravagant, but here’s my interpretation of the movie in its most minimalistic form; put into action.

I have recently been watching a new series on Netflix called Grace and Frankie, which is a story about two recently divorced older women that came out to be in love with each other. In one of the first season’s episodes, Grace and Frankie have a girls night out designated by one rule: they must say yes to everything. Immediately after seeing this I thought of the movie, Yes Man, previously mentioned. And from that sprung the idea of one heck of girls night:

1. Get your best friends together and make sure they are all on board. Be sure that no one feels uncomfortable in this kind of situation because safe fun is good fun. Also, things may get verrryyyy interesting.

2. Create boundaries. For example: telling someone ‘yes’ to taking you home may create a dangerous situation, or, saying ‘yes’ to one too many drinks can do the same. You can even create a safe word to know for sure when things may have been taken too far. Words like tomato, elephant, red, or just no will do.

3. Start the night out by dressing each other up! (You have to say yes!) Dress your friends in the silliest, or sexiest, outfits.

4. From here, the opportunities are endless. You and your friends might make the craziest, silliest, and most memorable memories in just one night!

5. Have fun and be safe :)

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.