This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you’ve spent any time in the River Hills Mall this past summer, chances are you’ve walked by the mystery wall that is soon to be H&M. They have been teasing us for months…. But the time has finally come: H&M’s grand opening is on Thursday, September 14th.

If you’re as excited as I am, you’ve probably already been perusing their website just to get shopping ideas for when the store opens. If you haven’t checked it out yet, don’t waste another second: click here!  

For those of you who are more than the average shopper or H&M enthusiast, or have a particular interest in free things, they’ve also created an event just for you! H&M has made a Facebook event for their grand opening. The store opens at noon, and if you are one of the first 200 shoppers, you could receive giveaways up to $300 in value. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want free stuff?

Aside from these free items, H&M also has a way for you to get 15% off your next purchase, along with a chance to win an H&M gift card of up to $250! All you have to do is bring in your old clothes to donate before the store opens at noon.

As if an H&M opening up in Mankato isn’t great enough, they’ve come up with some awesome ways to get people involved with great deals and an even better shopping experience. So mark your calendars and I will see you all at the new H&M on Thursday!

Lindsay is Vice President of Her Campus MNSU and is currently in her third year at MNSU, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis on Psychology, Sociology and Corrections. She loves to write, which makes being a part of Her Campus one of her favorite things. Aside from writing, Lindsay enjoys collaborating, helping and teaching others.