This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

It’s the most exciting time of the year… HOMECOMING! Minnesota State University, Mankato has a full week of exciting events in store for their students. This year’s theme is “Going for Gold.” Homecoming kickoff starts Monday at noon in the CSU Mall. There will be free cupcakes, give-aways and more. At 8 p.m. there will be a bonfire and fireworks on the football field!

Tuesday:

12 Noon – Spirit Lunch and Trivia Contest – Campus Mall

• Enjoy free samples from local food vendors
  • Watch the Homecoming Royalty participate in MSU historical trivia

7:00 PM – Dodgeball Tournament – Myers Fieldhouse

Wednesday:

12 Noon – Eating Contest – CSU Hearth Lounge

• Who likes free food? Wednesday is the food eating contest at noon! Come watch your peers stuff their faces with lasagna and indian curry!

11:59 PM – Royalty voting closes

Thursday:

6:30 PM – Lipsync and Coronation – Bresnan Arena

• This is one of the biggest homecoming events, come cheer on your peers as they compete in a dance competition! Royalty crowning will take place at the end of the competition, don’t forget to vote! 

Friday:

Who loves T-Pain? He will be featuring in this years homecoming concert on Friday, Oct. 7th! Don’t miss out, the concert will be in Meyers Field House at 7 p.m. If you don’t have a ticket, you can buy one online for $25 here.

Saturday is the big day!

The homecoming parade starts at 11 a.m. with the football game following at 2 p.m. Come show your school spirit and cheer on the Mavericks! The men’s hockey team plays at 7:07 p.m. and don’t forget to see Mav’s Got Talent in the CSU Ballroom at 8 p.m.

Visit the homecoming website for more information!

Hi i'm Haley, I am a Senior majoring in Mass Media with a minor in Marketing and Photography. I am the Public Relations Vice President of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am the Vice President of Public Relations and Marketing for the Panhellenic Council. I love being apart of Her Campus and serving as the Acquisitions Editor and Photographer!