Enhance Your Summer with these Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Steripod: I can’t be the only one who used to transport my toothbrush in a Ziploc baggie while traveling. Well, Ziploc no more! Steripod is a clip-on toothbrush protector that not only protects from cross contamination, but it also uses thymol (used in mouth washes) to create a safe environment to store my toothbrush. My Steripod fits perfectly around my toothbrush and actually allows my toothbrush to dry while being protected. It is tiny, therefore it doesn’t take up any more space than necessary and it is perfect for “on-the-go” people. Knowing my toothbrush is clean is another plus. Who knows what used to be lurking on my toothbrush before this (I don’t want to know). A clean brush results in some clean teeth! This is great for weekend camping trips and getaways in the summer!

Essence Cosmetics Eyebrow Designer. If you are anything like me, makeup is not your forte. Eyebrows have become a main part of the beauty industry and the products that I have used in the past have made my eyebrows super dark or look very fake. This eyebrow pencil by Essence Cosmetics is easy to use, and when I say easy, I mean it. It helps define and outline the brows, giving that natural, but perfect look. There is a comb that is attached that allows for a perfect blend that even I could do, and that’s saying something!

Summer’s Eve Wipes and Wash. We all know how important it is to keep our lady parts clean… and smelling good. My main issue has been after the gym or on a hot day, being self-conscious about “down there” is the worst. Summer’s Eve’s new cleansing cloths are great if you are in need of a touch-up on-the-go. They come in a small package, so it fits right in my purse without anyone even having to know. They also come in a variety of senses to always keep you feeling and smelling fresh. I no longer have any worries about my scent and I even feel cleaner. I matched these cleansing pads with the gentle foaming wash that I use in the morning in the shower. This, first of all, smells great, and second makes me feel like I’m actually super clean down there as it gives me a thorough wash, rather than the usual body soap I used to use. These two products paired together, give me confidence that my lady parts clean, fresh and smelling oh so good.

Secret Deodorant’s New Scent. Sweat results in smelly, and being smelly is EMBARRASSING. The new Secret deodorant, Cool Water Lily, is one that actually prevents that smelly for up to 48 hours (trust me, I tried it). I even went to the gym wearing this deodorant. With other deodorants, I usually have to reapply after, but with this Secret deodorant, I didn’t feel like I had to! I was still smelling good (crazy)!  Not only does is smell fantastic, it also goes on smoothly. I didn’t have to worry about deodorant stains or those flakes that sometimes come along with deodorant. Secret Deodorant comes in a variety of different scents, so you are able to pick and choose your favorite.

Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau