This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Everyone deserves to be happy but do not let yourself settle for something less than what you deserve. If you are in a relationship stop and ask yourself, are you really happy and is this what you want? Most of the time you are truly happy but there are many people out there with someone just because they like the thought and idea of having someone, but sometimes that person is not who they should be with. Maybe you keep telling yourself things will change or maybe next time things will be better or different, but if that is something you have to keep telling yourself than you deserve better than what you have right now. There is someone out there for everyone and I am here to help you realize to stop settling for less than what you deserve.

If you are anything like me you have a fear of being single forever. I can not seem to find someone for myself and it gets me thinking ill be alone forever, but right now I would rather be alone than being with someone who does not love and care about me 100% of the time. Here are five things to stop yourself from settling for less. 

• You deserve someone who will love you will all of their heart and soul and everything in between. Someone who can laugh at your jokes, even if they are not that funny.

• Someone who will be there when you are at your worst. Hug you when you are crying and make your favorite meal when you want it. You want someone who you can cry with and not someone who is going to make you cry.

• Support. You should be with someone that supports every decision you make and agree with you. 

• Someone who gives you complaints. You want to be with someone who notices things about you, big and small. This shows they care about you and what you are doing in your life.

• Having trust in one another. You need someone that will trust you and not second guess something you are doing or think you are lying to them all the time.  

When you finally find this love and support from someone. You will never allow yourself to be treated poorly anymore. Give the love you want to be given. Always follow your heart and in the end no matter how long it takes someone is out there waiting for you.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.