This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The dollar store has become one of my favorite stores to shop at for cheap and useful items. They have everything you need from cleaning supplies and personal care items to snacks and drinks. My favorite things to look for at the dollar store however are organizational items. Here’s an outline of what I normally look for and how I use them. 

First, bins, baskets, and containers! These are a great way to organize the small things while making them look nice. They have basic plastic ones that are great for your pantry to metal or fabric bins that can be used for decor. I love using containers everywhere because they do save space while also staying organized. 

Next, I’ll go over how to use these containers in different areas of your home. Let’s start with bathroom essentials. The dollar store carries small travel bottles that you can put any shampoo or conditioner in but I like to use them in my day-to-day life too. You can put face wash in there to get rid of the bulky and ugly containers that they come in. They also have shower shelves that you can put in to help clear up some space. 

Moving to the kitchen there is plenty to be done. You can use soap dispensers for your dish soap to make it look more cohesive. The dollar store has great scrubbers and cleaners for your dishes. They also have containers that work great for your fridge to aid in saving space. 

Finally, living quarters. Whether in your bedroom or living room there is always a use for a couple of containers. I use some for my makeup drawer and others for my pens and pencils. In the living room, we have a container for board games and card games that is super useful. 

I hope these ideas help you if you are looking for some new organizational hacks. Who knew there were so many uses for dollar store items. You can practically use them in every inch of your home! 

Paige