Disney Rides: Mickey and Minnie’s Runday Railroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

On July 15th, 2017 it was announced that they would be closing the doors of our beloved ride. The Great Movie Ride was a dark ride in Hollywood studios it lasted 22 minutes and had 59 audio-animatronics. When guests got in the queue for the ride they would walk through a large queue with many props from different movies, with information about what movie they were in and who used it. The dark ride was a favorite from the community with having two paths the carts could take, you had a side A and side B with different stories from movie scenes. Most of the scenes that were found on the ride were favorite or best scenes from the movies! However, on August 17th, 2017 the ride was shut down to make way for the newest ride; Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad is a dark ride and took the place of where the Great Movie ride called home! This ride has the guest entering a train driven by the one and only Goofy. You enter a room with a screen and you get a little pre-show with your favorite mouse as a cartoon! This specific ride about the mouse himself is based on the award-winning Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, sure to be loved by the whole family! When on the ride make sure to look around for hidden Mickeys and your other favorite characters from the show. The ride is so beautiful and with the technology that we have available, I didn’t suspect any less from Disney.

Another ride that will be going to get a remodel is Splash Mountain, they will be making it themed from the Princess and The Frog movie. Disney is always trying to make their parks enjoyable to everyone when they take away old rides to make way for new ones as they want the parks to keep growing. Making sure that each and every person feels the Magic Of Disney.

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.