This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Once Disney+ came out, people bought the streaming service because they knew there were movies and TV shows that they wanted to watch. Once we watch those specific movies and TV shows then what do we do? Should we get rid of the service or try to find something else to watch? Well, you can do both: you could get rid of it, but there are some shows that might be worth watching before you do. 

Diary of a Future President

It’s a cute show that only has four episodes out right now, but it has a good storyline. Now, the show follows a pre-teen Elena Cañero-Reed on her journey to becoming the future president of the United States. It’s wholesome and shows how the transition to middle school felt like when we were kids. Overall, the show is relatable and it also sits well with the newer generation. 

When I started to watch the show due to boredom and just needing something to do to take my mind off the pile of homework I had, I realized that not every show that deserves a watch gets it. So I decided it was time to spread the word about some shows that need a little extra attention. 

Herbie

These sets of movies were my childhood, I mean once watching it who didn’t want a Volkswagen Beetle to drive? I even wanted to paint Herbie’s colors and act as I had somehow magically gotten Herbie. What’s cool is yesterday when I opened up Disney+, it featured the movie on one of the slides, and I was amazed because I kind of forgot that the movies existed. 

It’s sad how great movies get forgotten about when they were some of the most magical movies in our childhood. #53 has held onto our imagination and it’s about time we get that back from that car. 

Descendants

These movies are something I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy, now I wanted to watch them when they first came out, but we didn’t have the channel at home anymore. So, finally being able to have the chance to watch the movies made me smile and laugh. I thought the idea was cute to have it be about the kids of the characters we all know and love, especially being that they probably won’t be doing the animated series when they all have kids (I know they did a few but they also weren’t the best). These movies were fun and they still had song and dance. 

With the passing of Cameron Boyce on July 6, 2019, the series took off and it made people want to see what it was about. Now, if you weren’t one of those people that watched it because of that, perfectly fine, but I would recommend this series. It was better than I thought and I really enjoyed it and loved it. 

Pirates of the Caribbean

I love that Disney has these movies already streaming on Disney+. I’ve wanted to watch them since my mom started talking about them, but was never old enough until now. I love pirates and more movies set back in the day because it’s a way I can experience what I never really can now. Overall it’s a really thrilling movie with how it was filmed and the ship parts of the movies are really my favorite part of the movie. 

The movie is filled with comedy which you can really expect having Johnny Depp as one of the characters, especially the main character really. The movies are really fun to watch and it makes you wonder what would have your life been like if you were where they were fighting either pirates or the British.

Avatar

A movie that was before it’s time really. The movie is supposed to be far in the future where humans have traveled far into space and found and habituated the world by the Na’vi, but the humans are there for one thing and one thing only. Part of the world contains an ore-like substance, and humans will stop at no cost to obtain this “unobtanium”. For those who haven’t seen this movie, it is a definite must-see! I just watched it a few weeks ago for the first time and I can’t believe I just now watched it. 

It was an adventure on its own, one that I never really thought I would get into. It really was a masterpiece and I can’t wait for the second movie if there is going to be one. I definitely recommend watching it.

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.