This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

16th Annual Trick or Treat Walk for the Animals:

PAWS (Providing Animals With Shelter) is having their 16th annual Walk for the Animals. BENCHS (Blue Earth Nicollet County Humane Society) will be helping out at the walk as well. Pets and people can dress up and help raise money for our local animals. There will be food and fun, along with prizes for best costume and top fundraisers. PAWS receives donations throughout the year, but the majority of the fundraising comes from their annual Walk for the Animals!

Help volunteer! BENCHS will help volunteer at the event, as well as take your photo with all the fun Fall props.

WHEN: Friday, October 8th at 9:30 a.m.

WHERE: St. Peter Mill Pond, Riverside Park behind the police station on Front Street

Volunteer sign up is at: http://www.benchs.org/volunteer.html

For questions call/email: 507.625.6373, rrps@hickorytech.net

OR visit at 1250 N. River Drive Mankato, MN 56001

I'm Jennifer Bingen, I'm currently a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in Business Management. My hometown is Maple Grove, MN. I joined Her Campus, because I wanted to get to know a great group of girls who are all for women empowerment. I strongly believe that women are capable of anything, and want to back that up with Her Campus. I want to incorporate Business into women empowerment, and show women that being in Business isn't just for men- there are plenty of CEO's who are women these days, which is awesome!  I am an english/writing tutor and I love it with a passion. I absolutely love running, yoga, my mom, dogs, coffee and holidays.