The Conspiracy Palette is it worth it?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

November 1st was the day that changed the beauty community and took them by surprise. This was the day that Shane Dawson, with the help of Jeffree Star released his first palette. This was all brought to light thanks to their series on YouTube, that millions tuned into see the process of making a makeup collection take shape and how it is made. Finally the day came and as soon as Noon, central time rolled around Jeffree Star’s website crashed, along with many other websites that sold it. So the chaos began, and many people missed out on the opportunity to get the infamous palette. 

After waiting about 2 hours, I finally put my order in for both the mini controversy palette, and the Conspiracy palette. Now I am not the biggest makeup person out there, I have never owned makeup that doesn’t cost more than 15 dollars, so putting 52 dollars towards an eyeshadow palette was a new experience for me. I knew a little bit about makeup from watching YouTube, but honestly the real reason that I bought this palette was to support Shane Dawson. I had been a follower of his since his Shanaynay days. 

So is the palette worth it? I know that there has already been tons of videos from makeup artists on YouTube, but I would like to give my perspective as an average college student. My first impression when I opened my palette was the look and feel, it was amazing. It was heavy and light where it wouldn’t weigh too much if you took it with you on vacation. When you open up and see the stamps and names that make it personal to Shane is amazing. The formula itself it is so soft and the color is amazing. With all the different colors I am tempted to dip in and try them all and experiment outside of my comfort zone. I believe that the palette is worth the money and I cannot wait for all the different looks.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.