Grown-ish
Grown-ish
ABC Signature Studios
Life > Experiences

College Friends: What happens when you move away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The day is coming closer to when I graduate and move back home and say goodbye to all the friends I made my five years here. And honestly, I am not sure what I am going to do without them. Most of them have been by my side through everything the past couple of years. Everyone says leaving your high school friends behind is the hardest but I say leaving my college friends is going to hurt the most. You start to wonder, will I still be friends with them when we are not a couple of miles or even steps from each other? All my friends from college will always hold a special place in my heart but I know things are going to be different.

Make the best of the time you have with them now because before you know it you will all be going your separate ways. Getting a new job and finding your own paths to life. With the time you still have now sit down with them and talk. Talk about all the good times and memories you all had together because this time is going to be something you will always cherish and remember. Be grateful for all the time you were able to spend together. 

Allow yourself to feel sad because it’s hard leaving the people you love. But be happy for each other and always support them no matter what they do with the rest of their lives. Make sure you still find time to get together once you move back home. Plan a girls’ weekend or if you live close to them back home take that time to hang out with them. It’s never a goodbye, it’s a see you later. I want to thank all my friends I have made here at MSU and I want them to all know you have made me into the person I am today and if it weren’t for you college would not have been the same.