The Coffee Hag is Back Open

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

After approximately two months of renovations, The Coffee Hag is finally back open for business. The foundation of the Hag was strengthened to ensure that the local favorite would continue to support its customers as it has for the past 20 years. In addition to structural updates, many cosmetic changes have happened as well. Beautiful hardwood floors have been installed along with a new stage where you will find local performers and live entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings. The Hag also supports local artists by displaying new pieces every month. Colorful new tables and chairs grace the Hag and ample bench seating has been added along the walls. New counters have been installed with a creative and caring touch; organic coffee beans that would have been composted have been covered by epoxy to make glossy, one-of-a-kind surfaces unique to the Coffee Hag. The kitchen space has doubled in size and so has the menu. The front door has been modified to be handicapped accessible to accommodate the needs of their customers. The Hag’s gender-neutral bathrooms have also been made accessible and now include a changing station. All of these wonderful changes have ensured that the Coffee Hag will remain a prized Mankato treasure and a favorite hangout spot.

Elise Pawlak is a double major in Creative Writing and Mass Media with double minor in Gender Women’s Studies and Nonprofit Leadership at Minnesota State University, Mankato. She is constantly running around campus with being the President of Society of Professional Journalists, Treasurer of Public Relations Student Society of America, Treasurer of Gender Women’s Studies club, the Communications chair for the Women of Action Committee, and the Public Relations intern for the MNSU Women’s Center. When she does have a free moment it is spent rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes and connecting with her spirit animal: The Bloody Mary. After she graduates in May of 2016 she plans to pursue a career in the world of writing… hopefully landing a job that will help her pay off her student loans before she starts collecting social security.
Hello! My name is Leah Rost and I'm a senior Gender and Women's Studies major double minoring in Creative Writing and Sexualities Studies. This is my second year as an intern for the Women's Center and I am President of Gender and Women's Studies club. In my free time I write poetry, do yoga, hike and love to laugh a lot!