Being a part of the Zonta Fashion Show and What it Meant to me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The Zonta club is all about the empowerment of women, women in business especially. We have a Zonta club here in Mankato and quite honestly if you would have asked me what it is two months ago I would not have had the foggiest idea. The Zonta Club of Mankato puts on a fashion show fundraiser every year and donates the money raised from that to a cause dear to them. This year, they donated the money they raised to the Open-Door Health Clinic.

About a month ago, the owner of Bella Nova, a little boutique I work for in town here, asked me to model for her store in this fashion show. I, evenof course, with how busy I am, working three jobs and going to school told her yes. Even then, I did not know exactly how much it would have an impact on me. As the day of the fashion show (October 4th) got closer, the hype about it got bigger. My boss, Brenda, kept getting more and more excited about being able to show off all her cute fall fashions to the ladies attending the fashion show. The day of the show came, and I got to get my hair and makeup done for free. It was awesome, and I felt like such a princess. When I got to the venue, there were so many amazing ladies there that I did not even know, but they would come up and talk to me and give me sweet compliments and it was one of the best atmospheres to be around. Women empowering other women, supporting a great cause and supporting the businesses of local women business owners. Food, drinks, fashion and happy people. It was the best atmosphere. I got to show off and model two outfits for Bella Nova which were absolutely adorable, too.

The impact this event had on me was the best part of it all, though. We all raised money for such a great cause. We got to support women owned businesses. And I got to be around ladies that did not even know me but treated me like I was their best friend. It is an atmosphere I wish this world could be every day. I look back at the day I told Brenda, yes, to doing this show and I could not be happier I was able to fit it into my crazy, hectic schedule. It impacted me in more ways than just getting to be a part of a fashion show, I got to be a part of women empowerment and it was beautiful.

Kalli Steinberg

Minnesota '20

I am currently a senior at Minnesota State University - Mankato studying Business Marketing. I enjoy spending time with friends and family, being outside, running, working out and shopping.
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.