ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ballin’ vs. Ballin’ on a Budget: What to Get Him This Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you’re anything like us, then you have no idea what to give the guy in your life. Especially if you’re both in college, because let’s face it, the struggle is real. Here are 12 gift ideas that any college guy would appreciate; whether you’re ballin’ or ballin’ on a budget.

Ballin’: Tickets to a Concert

If you know your guy, you know what kind of music he likes. When his favorite artist comes to town, buying him tickets is a fire way to rock his holiday season. Use Bandsintown to find out when artist are touring in your town and to purchase tickets.

Ballin’ on a Budget: Spotify/Apple Music Subscription 

Of course concert tickets can be expensive. Go the cheaper route and get him a subscription to a listening app (Apple Music or Spotify). This way he can listen to ALL his favorite artists at any time. Double bonus: it’s ad free.       

Ballin’: Tickets to a Game

If you want to be an all-star this holiday season, buy him tickets to see his favorite team play. Win or lose, you’ll both have a blast cheering on his favorite team.

Ballin’ on a Budget: Watch the Game from Home

When it comes to watching sports, we’re not always as enthusiastic as he is. This season indulge him: crank the volume up all the way, buy his favorite beer and pound one with him while you scream at the screen.

Ballin’: Matching Jerseys from his Favorite Team

Guys love it when you like what they like. Show that you’re on his team and sport matching jerseys.

Ballin’ on a Budget: Matching Accessories from His Favorite Team

If you don’t have the disposable income of a professional athlete, jerseys can cost more than you’re willing to spend. Opt for some cheaper team gear like beanies or T-shirts.

Ballin’: Swag from His Favorite Shows

It’s only right that you buy him swag from the show he’s obsessed with. Show swag lets him relive every moment, even after binge watching a whole season in a week. For example, if Game of Thrones is his thing, these are great. Plus, they’re touch screen compatible.

Ballin’ on a Budget: Netflix and Chill

With winter in Minnesota, the “chill” is a no- brainer. Cuddle up and let him be in charge of what you watch for the night. Hint: wrap up the remote in cute wrapping paper and give it to him as a gift. That’ll get him in the holiday spirit.

Ballin’: Heated Blanket

Keep him warm when you’re not around with a heated blanket. He’ll be in control of the heat settings, which means when you are around you won’t be forced into a late night sweaty spoon session when he’s cold (you’re welcome in advance).

Ballin’ on a Budget: Fleece Tie Blanket

Come on, we know you know how to make one of these. If not, we got you covered. They’re great last minute gifts and he’ll use it for everything (seriously, I had a guy use one as curtains).

Ballin’: Birchbox

It’s the gift that keeps giving. He’ll get a surprise on his doorstep once a month, and you’ll be reminded how great you are each month. It’s a win-win. Birchbox has tons of options for your guy, we love the Smarter Workout box.

Ballin’ on a Budget: Make Your Own Giftbox 

Fill a cute box with all his favorite things. Candy, snacks, fragrance samples; the options are endless. If you want to surprise him once a month…props to you.

The important thing to remember is that he will love anything you give him. Why? Because it came from you, duh.

Her Campus MNSU writer. Mass Media major at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
I am a Senior at MNSU majoring in Mass Media (PR) and minoring in Marketing.  I love to blog about beauty and fashion.  I joined Her Campus because I wanted to join a group on campus that empowers women.