This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Winter, a cold and gloomy season. There is nothing better than baking some good meals to make your heart happy. You do not have to be good at baking either as these are easy and fun to make. Cuddling up next to a fire with some tasty treats is just the way warm up on a cold wintery day. Here are some of my favorite baked goods to make during this season. 

The classic that I will make first is cookies. With sugar cookies, you can keep them plan or decorate them fun for the holiday season. Andes mint cookies is one that my mom makes every year and it is always a huge hit. There is also spritz cookies, you are able to make them into cute shapes like trees, snowmen and candy canes.  

Now if you are looking for something a little more on the chocolate side. Brownies covered with melted andes mints. The Andes mint and brownies is a perfect mix to make your taste buds happy. Finally there is mint fudge, some think that it is hard to make but it is really easy and a crowd pleaser. 

This is just a short and simple list and there are so many other fantastic baked goods to make. Hopefully this gives you some inspiration on what to make this holiday season.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.