This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Going into my freshman year of college, I did not expect my roommate and I to become very close. We were completely different people in different majors, involved in vastly different activities, and it was obvious to the both of us that we would have more of a business-like relationship than an actual friendship. I am happy to say that we were so wrong! Bailey has become my best friend here in Mankato, and we are rarely apart. She is the kind of friend that everyone should have in their lives, and an overall awesome human being!

Name: Bailey Smith

Hometown: Sioux Falls, SD

Year: freshman

Major: biomedical science

Her Campus: What brought you to Minnesota State University, Mankato?

Bailey Smith: “Both of my parents graduated from here, it’s a family tradition!”

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

BS: “I am a part of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority, as the philanthropy chairwoman.”

HC: When you are not busy with class and extracurricular activities, what do you like to do?

BS: “Nap, and go to hockey games with my roomie!”

HC: What is your favorite part about being a Maverick so far?

BS: “[Being in] Gamma Phi [Beta].”

HC: What is your passion in life?

BS: “I love to paint!”

HC: What would be your dream vacation?

BS: “I don’t know… probably Santorini, Greece, because it’s absolutely beautiful and I am obsessed with the architecture.”

HC: Cats or Dogs?

BS: *no hesitation* “Dogs!”

HC: Who is your role model in life?

BS: “My mom, because she is the strongest single parent I have ever known.”

HC: What are three words that best describe you?

BS: “Outrageous, spontaneous, and intellectual.”

HC: What is the best advice you have ever been given?

BS: “Not my circus, not my monkey”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

BS: “I see myself working in a hospital setting as a surgeon on the east coast.”

When they say that you meet some of your best friends in college, they’re right. I feel so lucky to have found one of my own!

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.