This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Walking around downtown in Mankato, you might notice sculptures and murals dotted around the area. Thanks to the Twin Rivers Council of the Arts, a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to making Mankato a more artistic and cultured community, we are able to have that art.

CityArt is basically a self guided tour that allows you to walk around the downtown Mankato area, free of charge, and enjoy the public art. Some of the pieces change after a year, so that there is a consistent flow of art being accessible to the Mankato community. In addition, the painted utility boxes are also thanks to CityArt and Twin Rivers Council for the Arts.

Because sometimes I truly believe photos can speak louder than words, I included some of the current statues/ murals that can be found in the downtown Mankato area. I think it’s so exciting that our town finds the value of art and the dedication to continue to grow the creative community we live in.

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.