All Natural Products: Tarte Cosmetics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Walking into Sephora can surely be an intimidating experience when you aren’t well versed in make up. What brand should I buy? What’s a good deal? What are some top selling products? There is one brand that I go to right when I walk in the store. Tarte Cosmetics is a company that uses natural products, is cruelty free, and paraben free. Their skin care and makeup products are top notch and they are my favorite brand. I’m going to name some of their best selling products, and explain why you should buy them!

Deep Dive Cleansing Gel

When cleaning your face at the end of a long day, you want a product that is going to feel lightweight and have few chemicals in it. The deep dive cleansing gel smells like lavender oil and is so gentle on the skin. I use this every night to take off my make up and it is so natural I can rub it on my eyes to remove any eye makeup. It is $25 for a 5  oz bottle and it will last you many months.

Cutie Cleansing Scrubber

I bought one of these back in May and have used it every night when washing my face. This combined with the cleansing gel will remove every bit of makeup you have on your face. It is very soft and flexible to give you a good clean and it isn’t too harsh on your skin. This product is only $7 and will last you a very long time!

Frxxtion Stick

A big part of taking care of your skin is exfoliating. This is a 3 in one product that truly does it all. It exfoliates, cleanses, and is a powerful face mask all in one. It is a gel like stick that you use to rub the product onto your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, gently massage it into your skin, wash it off, and that’s it! The dead skin is removed from your face and your skin feels soft and fresh. This product is $22 and is available on tarte.com and at Sephora stores.

Maracuja Oil

This product is my saving grace during the harsh winter season. It is an oil that is full of fatty acids and vitamin C to help nourish and hydrate your skin. This product is perfect to use after exfoliating your skin to help bring the moisture back. I put a few drops on my face every night before bed and always wake up with softer and brighter skin. This product is truly great for any skin type. The oil will help balance oily skin and will hydrate dry skin. It is $48 for 1.7 oz and since you only use a few drops at a time, it will last you many months!

Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Everyone in the makeup community is swearing by this product. It was released last year and has been in and out of stock non stop. After trying this concealer, I will never use anything else. This is a very full coverage concealer that blends like a dream. I have one and use it to highlight the high points of my face. It dries quickly to a matte finish and never creases. It never dries out your skin and truly lasts all day! This product is $24 and is worth every single penny. If you see it is available at tarte.com or you see it in an ulta store, make sure to snatch it up!

Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and will forever swear by them. The formula is so creamy and the eyeshadow smells like vanilla! Amazonian clay is an all natural product made to remove surface oil and mattify, nourish and hydrate the skin, as well as to improve the appearance of skin clarity and texture. These shadows combined with a tarte eyeshadow primer have great color pay off and last all day. Eyeshadow pallets range anywhere from $29-$53 and you can purchase individual shadows for $14! All of the pallets come with a full sized mirror and some even have brushes that go along with it!

Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara

This mascara is my holy grail product and I will not stray from it. I received a trial size of it a month ago and still have plenty of product to go. This mascara curls, volumizes, lengthens, and conditions your eyelashes. It always gives stunning results and lasts all day on your lashes. This mascara is $21 and comes in a very unique package! Your eyelashes will be thanking you for using this vegan and cruelty free product!

Tarte is a wonderful company that puts a lot of time and effort into their products. They don’t use any harsh chemicals and best of all are cruelty free! They have sales many times a year and every purchase on their website over $40 receives 3 free samples. Many of their skin care products are available in trial size packs that are a steal! I always recommend these products and hope you will try them soon!