This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Just over two weeks ago, 5 Second of Summer released their fourth studio album. Initially, I wasn’t fully sure anything could follow the incredible album that is Youngblood. This one, however, shifted the band into a different direction. As I was listening through, for the third time currently, I noticed that the songs fell into a few categories. Then I realized even more, that these categories could fit certain moods. So here I am to do that for you so you don’t have to! 

Let me roll the windows down, drive aimlessly and sing at the top of my lungs. 

Category One. Personally, there are more than a few songs from this album that fit directly in to here. These are songs that light me up and ones that I want to sing as loud as possible. These songs are: 

No Shame

Easier 

Not In The Same Way 

High 

This belongs in a movie. 

Category Two. From the minute I heard many of these songs I knew they fit into one category. These songs remind me of nostalgic movie scenes. Hopefully, you feel the same as I do. 

Red Desert 

Teeth 

Thin White Lies 

Lowkey in My Feels. Let me lay on my Bedroom Floor and Sing. 

Category Three. This reminds me of teenage years, being sad about who knows what, playing music directed at the heartbreak that wasn’t really a heartbreak. Whether it just be a sad day in general or crying over someone that wasn’t yours, these songs truly will make you feel something.

Old Me 

Wildflower 

Best Years 

Lonely Heart 

I want Luke Hemmings to Personally Sing this to Me. No Excuses. No Shame. 

Category Four. This song truly is the only one to fit into its own category. Here’s why. I want Luke Hemmings to personally sit down and sing this to me with just an acoustic guitar. The lyrics, the meaning, everything about it makes it a perfect song. 

Lover of Mine 

Currently, a fifth year student at MNSU, Mankato majoring in History with a minor in Psychology. Self proclaimed Netflix and coffee addict with a passion for writing. 
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.