This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Converting to a sustainable lifestyle can seem daunting and expensive, but what if I told you that it can be as easy as changing a few simple steps in your daily routine? Whether it is investing in solar panels or simply bringing a reusable bag to the grocery store, mother nature will thank you for committing to choosing the greener option for your kitchen, bathroom, and closet! 

1. Reusable Ziploc Bags 

Pack a snack on the go or store your leftovers in these reusable storage bags! This one time purchase will save you money in the long run and reduce waste, it’s a win win!

1. Reusable Cotton Rounds 

Consider purchasing reusable cotton rounds for all of your skin care needs! Just throw them in the wash and reuse and recycle! 

1. Bamboo Toothbrush 

Not only are these bamboo toothbrushes aesthetically pleasing, but they are also eco-friendly! When it’s time to replace your toothbrush, opt for one of these! 

1. Mesh Produce Bag 

Pair this mesh produce bag with a reusable shopping bag for a super green grocery run! 

1. Reusable Water Bottle

I treat my water bottle as an accessory at this point. Picking out your water bottle of choice is not only fun but also sustainable! Pro-tip: stickers are encouraged. 

1. Menstrual Cup 

I get it, during that time of the month, the last thing we want to be is even more uncomfortable. That’s totally understandable! With that being said, if you are willing and ready, opting for a menstrual is not only eco friendly, but it will also save you money in the long run! 

1. Metal Straws 

The return of the VSCO girls! In the future we will start seeing more fast food restaurants switch to strawless lids, so having a reusable straw handy will be even more important! 

1. Thrifting

I’d say this is the most fun swap of them all. Make a day out of it, grab an iced coffee and go thrifting! Not only will your closet be full of unique and fun pieces, but it will also be saving those pieces from the landfill.

My name is Annie Grund and I'm a freshman here at MNSU. My major is psychology with a minor in health sciences. I am excited to join Her Campus MNSU because it is a fun way to get involved and it will provide me with a creative outlet!