7 Games. Over 700 Yards. Adam Thielen is UNSTOPPABLE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Adam Thielen was an undrafted wide receiver from Minnesota State University, Mankato. He stunned Vikings fans last year as he made some incredible catches throughout the year. The 2018 season came around, and Thielen has not been a disappointment. He rewrote the NFL record books in the fourth quarter of the game versus the New York Jets and became the first player to record 100 yards in each of his team’s seven games.

During the game versus the New York Jets, Thielen was hit in the head by a Jets defender. He was taken out of the game because he had bitten his cheek and needed to be checked by the athletic trainers. Every fan was nervous for Thielen because they wanted him to get back in the game and keep pushing towards his 100 yard consecutive games record. Have no fear, Thielen came back in and had an incredible end to his seven game streak.

“I was talking to all of my friends back in training camp and I said, ‘You guys watch out for Adam this year — it’s going to be his breakout year,’’ Vikings rookie Brandon Zylstra said. “I know what he did last year, but I thought this would be his breakout year, just because of how smooth he was with his routes this summer. He’s a route technician.’’

His reaction to tying an NFL record with seven straight 100-yard games to start a season? “Life is all about the people you have around you,’’ Thielen said.

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.