6 Ways to Stay Motivated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Remember that time you said you were going to be super productive and get everything thing on your “to do” list done? Yeah, me too. Finding ways to stay motivated and get your s**t done can be hard, but there are many easy ways to fix this. A positive outlook on life can help, but so can these helpful ideas.

•  Write Down Your Plans

Writing down your plan for the day will help you stay motivated throughout the day. Checking or crossing off the objects that are finished can be very rewarding for you. Plan out your days to help you finish your projects or homework in a reasonable amount of time.

• Don’t Over Do It

I know it is very important to be involved in a multitude of things.But there is a point where you may reach an overload. Push yourself but within reason. If you are operating outside of your norms or abilities, step back and look at what you can change to keep yourself motivated and available.

• Reward Yourself

There is absolutely no way I would be able to stay motivated every day if there were no rewards. After a long day, try to give back to yourself. This doesn’t mean you need to buy yourself something. Instead, this may mean you are going to take thirty minutes to yourself tonight for a total relaxation. Make it whatever makes you happy.

• Find What Makes You Happy

This may seem silly to say out loud, although it completely makes sense when you put your mind to it. There may be many occasions where an individual is a part of something that does not make them happy. Separate from those negative thoughts and actions. This will, in turn, keep you motivated to do the things that make you happy.

• “I’ll Start Tomorrow”

Push yourself to start your ideas and projects today. Time management skills are very important to people who wish to stay motivated. If you don’t do it today, you will never do it.

• Think Positively

All of these ideas can be used in conjunction with positive thinking. All things are done right with a positive mindset. Good and bad things will happen to EVERYONE. It is completely how some individual responds to a negative situation, as to how it actually affects them. Remind yourself every day that good things will happen, you just have to wait your turn.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.