5 Things to do When You’re Bored

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Boredom: something that comes to me and probably many others quite often. Sometimes you can get even more bored just by thinking of things to do. Well, here are 5 easy and fun things to do to kick that boredom to the curb.

• Paint: Painting can ease your boredom and cause your creativity to come out. No matter how awful your painting skills are, it is still a fun way to do something on your downtime. You might even discover that you’re not that bad at it.

• Start a new Netflix series: Netflix has so many new and old shows that are just waiting for you to start watching them. If your usual selection is looking less than appealing, watch something different. You might get a new favorite show out of it.

• Cook or Bake: Find and work with a recipe you’ve always wanted to try! At worst, it won’t turn out edible. But hey, trying new things is always fun!

• Workout: Do something good for your body while eliminating your boredom. Your mind and body will love you for this!

• Go out on an Adventure: Get some friends together and go for a car ride. Go to a park that you have never been to and explore.

The list can go on and on, as the ideas are endless! Instead of laying around doing nothing, do one of these things. You’ll be better off!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.