This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

1. Quarry Park

This is a popular park to visit over the summer. It has two swimming Quarries, hiking trails, rock climbing and much more. It’s only $5 to park for the day. Check out the Quarries located in Waite Park, MN

2. Apple River 

Tubing down the Apple River is a bucket list worthy place to go over the summer. Located in Somerset, WI, not only can you tube down the river but there is also camping and cabin renting. Weekend camping is $25 a night. Get a group of friends and visit the Apple river.

3. North Shore State Parks

Just north of Duluth, there are many attractions. Gooseberry falls, Split Rock Light House, hiking trails, waterfalls, and Lake Superior. You can fill an entire day hanging out on the North Shore, so grab some friends, and make a day of it.

4. Glensheen Mansion

Also located on the North Shore of Minnesota, the Glensheen Mansion is one you must see. Not only is there a huge murder story behind the famous mansion, but it also offers the house as a venue where wedding receptions and other events can take place.

5. Forestville Mystery Cave State Park

About the furthest south of Minnesota in Preston, Forestville is the longest cave in Minnesota. You can visit the cave and other amenities that are offered outside of the cave. Tours are offered in the summer, so plan a trip to southern Minnesota.

My name is Nicole Hallman. I am a junior at MNSU and will be graduating in fall 2019. I'm majoring in mass media and minoring in communication studies. My hobbies consist of drinking coffee, traveling and cuddling with my dog Saul.