This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

After some retail therapy research, I discovered five fashion must haves for this season. What I love about each one of these pieces is that they are so versatile and can work with many outfit combinations.

1. The Blazer: Such an amazing staple. This year, I’ve seen the blazer basically everywhere I go. The trendy plaid pattern is super cute and adds a bit of pizazz to any outfit. Perfect for a professional occasion, day-to-day, or night out.  

2. The Turtleneck: I have grown to LOVE turtlenecks this fall season: they add such a warm, cozy vibe to any outfit. I especially like to incorporate layered necklaces with them.

1. The Teddy Coat: I’ve noticed this trend more and more on Instagram and Pinterest and I absolutely love it. I think it’s such a fun look: again, one that can be dressed up or dressed down!

2. Graphic Tees: I think the graphic tee is such an amazing fall staple, I’ve found it’s super easy to pair them with almost any outfit, just for a little more detail! Tip: There are so many cute graphic tees at stores such as Urban Outfitters, but make sure to check out your local thrift stores to find more unique styles, at a much lower cost!

3. The Flannel: An oldie but goodie fall classic! Flannels are in style year in and year out and there is definitely a reason for that. Flannels can truly complete a look, whether it’s tied around the waist or over a graphic tee or hoodie.

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.