10 times that David from Schitt’s Creek was relatable af

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

For those of you who have not stumbled onto Schitt’s Creek while scrolling through their Netflix queue, here is a little background on the show. The show is based on a rich family, the Roses, where everything was stripped away from them by their business manager. The only viable asset that they had left was a town called Schitt’s Creek. This was purchased by the father, Johnny Rose as a joke for his son David. Now the family is stuck in a small town living in a rundown motel in close quarters.

From the mind of Eugene Levy and his son Daniel Levy this Pop TV Orignial is a very coming of age story, where Daniel plays David, a pansexual male. This is the first time for me that I have come across this sexuality in a television show. From pulling David from a mansion to a small town, there are many instances throughout the five seasons that we can relate to him. 

1. When you are asked to do something but think about how this will benefit you in the long run 

2. When your friend is making a bad decision, but they are your friend so you have to support them. 

1. When you want to cook for yourself instead of going out, but you have no idea what you are doing. 

1. When you are drunk downtown and your friends try to get you to go home. 

2. When you go to your professor for help during their office hours and they just tell you what they told in class. 

3. When you see your ex at a party and have to get out of there real quick.

4.  When you find a show on Netflix that has at least 4 seasons, with 20 episodes per season and they are 45 minutes long. 

5. When your friends try to stop you from drunk texting your ex.

6. When your friends say they can’t go out for the third day in a row. 

1. Lastly, when you need to take time for yourself, and do things for yourself because you are important. And sometimes you need to just say what you want. 

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.