10 Series On Netflix That You Need to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Scandal

Kerry Washington plays Olivia Pope, a head of a D.C. consultant firm that fixes public relations nightmares for her wealthy and powerful clients, mostly politicians. She’s also romantically involved with the President of the United States, whose election campaign she worked on. After one episode, you will not be able to stop watching. Kerry Washington is mesmerizing in this series!

Bates Motel

Norma and Norman Bates are a mom and son duo that bring you to new horizons. Norman starts to realize he isn’t normal when compared to everyone else, and this plays out throughout the whole series. The series also plays with their obsessive closeness in a way that makes their being bound together feel claustrophobic, uncomfortable, and completely necessary. With the mysterious murders and unexpectedness of this series, it will have you on the edge of your seat!

Stranger Things

Stranger Things is one of the top watched shows currently, and I think everyone should check it out! It’s about a boy named Will (think “E.T.‘s” Elliot) who is captured by a “The Thing”-like creature and trapped in a “Poltergeist”-like world. Stranger Things is a must-watch for those in love with horror and sci-fi!

Black Mirror

An amazing British series that is underrated due to how few episodes it has. It reflects on current and future technology in a sort of dark “Twilight Zone” feeling. Watch one episode and be stuck!

Parks and Recreation

Witty, heartfelt, and funny, you’re not likely to find a more likable sitcom than Parks and Recreation. This series is about employees in a parks and recreation department in a fictional town in Indiana. The series thrives off the situations that go on in the department. Give it a few episodes before you give up on it. I know you will enjoy this one.

The Office

You won’t be able to find a funnier series than this one. The Office revolves around the employees at a paper sale company called Dunder Mifflin. Every employee plays an important part in the series, and they make the episodes some of the best comedy out in the world. Steve Carell and the amazing cast behind him will not disappoint you when you need a good laugh!

The Flash

Based on the comic book “The Flash,” this series supplies you with dark and difficult themes, but also a popping and light central city feel. Barry Allen finds his new super-speed powers and helps fight off the city’s villains. This series will have you wanting more!

Orange is the New Black

“OITNB” humanizes the dehumanized, transforms labels — felons, thieves, murderers, embezzlers — into real human beings and reminds us that, even in prison, life isn’t put on hold. It’s a remarkably excellent series, and addictive as hell.

Breaking Bad

This series is just overall one of the best series out there right now. This series is about a high school chemistry teacher, Walter White that finds out he has lung cancer. The cancer is inoperable and he needs to make some money for his family before he dies. Walter starts to sell methamphetamines to raise money for his family, and causes many disturbances throughout the series. It’s a must watch.

Friends

One of the most durable and most re-watched series of all time. Friends is all about a group of friends and all their life adventures they are put through. You won’t be able to hold back the giggles!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.