You Need to Go to Bryant Park This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

If you live in NYC or just visiting, you need to make it your business to visit Bryant Park if you haven’t already. The beautiful and cheaper alternative to Rockefeller Center has all your fall favorites and an ice-skating rink! Admission to the rink is free but skate rentals are a low cost of $20, which is way better compared to the $50 at Rockefeller. It’s not the same Christmas tree and light up fountain ambience but you won’t be disappointed with Bryant Park, I promise.

Their vibe is homey and diverse with the countless amount of cultural vendors. Some of them include a neat metal store made out of recycled metal, multiple places that sell jewelry, handbags, and cold weather accessories. There are even great places like Elementem Photography and their pictures are absolutely gorgeous. 

There are a lot of creators who get a chance to showcase their work and sell them, check out some great examples below:

Shop Melsy’s. 

Shop Marc Tetro. 

Shop Luckypalmtree. 

The great part about it is that every year retailers open up pop-up shops at Bryant Park. As always, this year includes Sabon, Max Brenner, and Chocolate Works. The warm colored lights makes it the perfect place to have a photo op with your friends. You’ll spend roughly an hour there so soak up as much holiday spirit as you can it’s so easy because they play Christmas music all day! It’s super convenient to get there too, just connect to the B, D, F, or M trains and get off at 42nd street Bryant Park. Take a few friends before heading home for the holidays and enjoy a cup of warm apple cider because it’s uh-mazing. You won’t regret it!