This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

When it comes to Saturday Night Live, I would say that I’m pretty obsessed. I’ve watched every SNL sketch for the past eight years, through all of the good and the bad. Most of their best sketches end up going viral, but there are a good amount of great sketches that most people have never seen. Here’s a list of ten of my all time favorite sketches that are grossly underrated.  

Family Dinner- Shrek

This sketch is so utterly ridiculous in the best possible way. Watching Sterling K. Brown get so worked up about Shrek that he throws water in Beck Bennet’s face is something I didn’t know I needed until I saw this sketch. 

Whiskers R We with Kristen Wiig

Cats, puns, Kate McKinnon, and Kristen Wiig— what more could you possibly want?

Undecided Voter

This sketch was written for the 2012 election but is somehow still so hilarious and relevant today. 

Google Talk

This sketch has one of the best and most ridiculous reveals in the show’s history and it never fails to make me laugh. 

Brothers

Kyle Mooney and Beck Bennet are one of my favorite comedy duos and this sketch is peak Kyle and Beck. I don’t think Cecily Strong got through a single line in this sketch without laughing. 

The Actress

Everything about Emma Stone in this sketch is perfect from the clothes, to the timing, to the line delivery. I tried finding a standout quote to put in here but I couldn’t pick one because every single line is hilarious. 

Weekend Update: Dawn Lazarus

This is quite possibly Vanessa Bayer’s best character and it’s tragic she only got to do it twice. I will never not laugh when she says “not one, not two, but TWO big biggies.”

Teacher Fell Down

This sketch is just four and a half minutes of Kate McKinnon laying on the ground and monologuing about it, yet it is somehow one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

QVC Auditions

Whoever had the idea of Kristen Wiig and Cecily Strong playing unhinged suburban women fighting over a chance to guest host on QVC deserves an award immediately.

Flight Attendants

Whenever Will Ferrell is in a sketch you automatically know that it’s going to be funny, and this sketch where he plays a flight attendant having an existential crisis is no exception.

I hope you enjoy these sketches and find them as wonderfully weird and hilarious as I do. 

Jenna McNeill

Marymount '21

Dance and International Studies student at Marymount Manhattan College.
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.