Style

The Top 5 Best Fashion Podcasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

As a fashion lover and student, I’m always looking for different outlets outside class to gain more knowledge about this fast-paced industry full of opportunities. Podcasts are one of my favorite ways to keep up with news and learn more about the industry as a whole. Despite the fact that fashion-related content is hard to come by in the podcasting world, over time I’ve found some that I love. If you’re looking to get into fashion podcasts, here are the top five shows that you need to listen to:

1. Fashion No Filter

In this podcast, fashion journalists/influencers Camille Charriere and Monica (Ainley) de La Villardière discuss various aspects of the fashion industry through insider interviews. From bringing back brick-and-mortar stores in retail to discussing the environment sustainability movement that occurred at London Fashion Week, these women take listeners into the world of fashion in accessible way.  

1. Fash-ON Fash-OFF

Produced by i-D in London, “Fash-ON Fash-OFF” reviews and breaks down the runway shows during fashion month. They also cover topics such as what it’s like being an emerging designer in the industry today. With new episodes every Thursday, it’s the perfect way to bring some fashion news to your morning routine.

1. The Business of Fashion Podcast

Besides their newsletters and subscription service, you can now listen to your fashion news from the “Business of Fashion Podcast”. This show keeps listeners up to date on the latest information regarding the industry. From H&M’s $4 Billion Inventory Challenge to reviews of runway shows, the BOF podcast is a definite go-to fashion news source. 

1. Statements on Fashion

Discussing a variety of topics within the fashion industry, former Parsons Paris students Katie Wilkes and Philippa Nesbitt host the bi-monthly, fashion-studies podcast “Statements on Fashion.” They cover topics such as non-binary fashion and diverse representation in the industry. These fashion commentators are bringing awareness to fashion news with a very informative and analytical perspective. 

1. Fashion Your Seatbelt

Hosted by Jessica Michault, “Fashion Your Seatbelt” is a collection of interviews with people in various careers within the fashion industry. Despite interviewing leading names in fashion today, such as Gabriela Hurst and Law Roach, listening to the podcast will make you feel like you’re simply sitting with Jessica and her guest for coffee. She makes fashion journalism feel more personal and approachable.

Podcasts have become a very relevant news source, and I only see them growing in popularity. These are my top five favorite fashion podcasts, and I hope that with the rise in podcast popularity that more shows will be released in the future. 

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.