Top 3 Brunch Spots You Need To Visit In NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Anyone that knows me or has scrolled through my Instagram feed knows that I love visiting cafes in the city. Last year, I wrote two articles about some of my favorite brunch spots, so I figured it was time for an update!

1. Inès

I discovered Inès on Instagram, and once I visited I instantly fell in love! It’s a Parisian style cafe that also offers brunch and lunch options. Some of my favorite items on the menu are the Tartine D’Avocat (avocado toast), the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, and the donuts (which they order from Dough Doughnuts). This was one of my go-to spots last year for a break between classes, and it’s still one of my favorite spots in the city.

Location: 419 East 74th Street, between 1st and York Avenue

2. The Butcher’s Daughter

I constantly see The Butcher’s Daughter all over my Instagram feed, and I finally had the chance to visit one of its locations this year! The Butcher’s Daughter is unique because the food not only lives up to the social media hype, but their space is aesthetically pleasing as well! When my friend and I went for brunch, my friend got the Triple Berry French Toast with a side of scrambled eggs, and I got the Smashed Avocado Toast Benedict (which I absolutely loved!). This brunch spot is expensive, but it’s a nice treat for special occasions!

The location that I visited: 581 Hudson Street in the West Village

3. Alice’s Tea Cup

I found this spot last fall semester, and I don’t know how I haven’t mentioned it in an article yet! Alice’s Tea Cup is a tea room that has an Alice In Wonderland theme in their decor and in some of their specialty teas! This tea room has 3 locations which are divided into “Chapters”. Chapter I is in the Upper West Side, Chapter II is in the Upper East Side, and Chapter III used to also be on the UES, but is now moving to Brooklyn. When the new Chapter III opens, I will definitely share my experience after I go there! I love both of the locations I’ve visited so far, and it’s one of my favorite spots to take my family and friends when they come to visit!  

Locations: Chapter I – 102 West 73rd Street, Chapter II – 156 East 64th Street, Chapter III –  Exact Address To Be Determined

I highly recommend visiting these spots whenever you’re in the city! If you decide to get brunch at any of the places I’ve mentioned, make sure to take a picture and tag us on Instagram! Also, if you have any recommendations of your go-to cafes (since I’m always looking for new ones to visit) make sure to tweet us @HerCampusMMM!

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.        
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com