Today Was a Fairytale: Living like a Disney Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Although I was quite young at the time of my first ever Disney visit, I remember being drawn to the charm and beauty of all things Disney Princess, especially my beloved Sleeping Beauty as I called her. Fifteen years later, I again found myself most looking forward to the enchanting, fairytale-like qualities of the Magic Kingdom. It’s not everyday you find yourself in the land where dreams come true, but if you do have the opportunity, here’s your royal guide to embracing your inner lost princess. 

Play Dress Up 

Be sure to dress in Fantasyland-worthy pastels such as pink, purple, and blue to mimic the traditional, quaint village surrounding the castle- and stay park ready while still looking princess-like by applying holographic highlighter around the eyes and a sparkly lip gloss. 

Search For The Perfect Souvenir  

Something small and charming like a princess ring is the perfect way to carry the magic with you wherever you go. With gadgets and gizmos aplenty, including collectable pins and bracelets with messages like “A dream is a wish your heart makes” you can’t go wrong with whatever treasure you choose. 

Make Dining Reservations  

If it’s fine dining you desire, Cinderella’s Royal Table encourages wishing upon a star and Be Our Guest Restaurant allows guests to explore Beast’s castle including the forbidden west wing and grand ballroom.  

Attend Live Shows  

Sing along with Tiana, Rapunzel and Elsa to tunes from your favorite tales like The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen as they are brought to life in front of the castle in a royal celebration of friendship.

Meet Your Favorites 

Get to know your fellow princesses and capture keepsake photos by meeting them up close and in person. You’ll get to admire their beautiful gowns as they share stories and tips from their journeys. “Every turn’s a surprise”, Jasmine once told me. 

Whatever being a princess means to you, enjoy your time in the parks and never let go of your once upon a dream. 

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.