Things You Can Still Do In NYC For Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

I know it’s still hard to feel like there’s anything to do, let alone anything safe to do, but these five activities are Valentine’s Day and Covid approved. 

The Edge

Experience outdoor romance with sweeping views at The Edge in Hudson Yards. This new installation is the highest outdoor outlook in the Western Hemisphere and having a full view of NYC is the best thing any of us could ever ask for, so it’s perfect. You can get sunrise (or anytime) tickets here. (P.S. You can even get champagne tickets if you’re of age!) 

Love in Times Square

You can get married, if you want. Times Square is hosting “Love in Times Square”, an event where couples can register for the chance to say their vows in the biggest town square the world has to offer. This will be a safe, socially distant ceremony and is going to take place at the Thirteenth Annual Heart Design, ‘Love Letters.’ If you plan to get hitched on Valentine’s Day in Times Square, you must follow all New York State laws to secure a marriage license. You also must have at least 2 witnesses on the day of the wedding(s). I mean, what better way to tie the knot than by standing in Times Square on Valentine’s Day? Register yourself here, if you’re ready. 

Park Slope “A Love Greens” Valentine’s Day Market

Go to the Park Slope “A Love Greens” Valentine’s Day market to fulfill all of your sustainable, eco-friendly and locally made dreams. You can find anything from sage to flowers to bath soaks. The market will be at Winemak’Her Bar (492 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn) on Saturday and Sunday, January 16 and 17, from 11am to 9pm, and every weekend until Valentine’s Day. 

Poetry Tours 

Attend a poetry tour for that extra bit of romance. You can find such a thing in Washington Square Park, through Greenwich Village and past homes of famous poets and lovers alike, while hearing poems aloud. Poets read from include; E.E. Cummings, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Mark Twain, and Bob Dylan. You write your own poem for your Valentine and read it aloud on the tour if you’re bold enough and can even end the tour with an Italian lunch in the neighborhood.

Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt

Explore Chelsea Market, The High Line and Hudson Yards with a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. You will get clues that will take you through physical and mental challenges for about two hours, so wear comfortable shoes and don’t forget your mask. A member of each team needs to have a smartphone as the hunt is on the app ScanQuest. Download the app before coming to the event. You can find more information on the hosts (POGO Events) Facebook page

This isn’t even all the fun that is to be had this Valentine’s Day in NYC. There are photoshoots, things like ‘Beat The Bomb’ in Dumbo and of course, the reopening of restaurants at 25% capacity on V-day. Whatever you chose to do, just be mindful, practice social distancing and have a very romantic day! 

MMC second-year senior, Venus Rising Blog owner and fashion journalist with a focus on sustainability.
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.