Kellyn Simpkin-Girl In Front Of Eiffel Tower France Hat Paris
Kellyn Simpkin / Her Campus
Style

Spring 2020 Couture Shows to Cure Winter Woes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The ability of couture’s intricate craftsmanship to be transportive in nature is something the middle of winter is more than welcoming towards. From January 20th-22nd, the Spring 2020 couture shows in Paris allowed spectators near and far into the fantasy where haute couture first began. 

Your front-row invitation awaits.

Ralph & Russo 

Lovers of sparkle and bows will appreciate the award-show worthy gowns in pastels and subtle hues that celebrate a new decade for the house. Looks included elements from the brand’s history mixed with designs meant to appeal to a younger base.

Explore the show here

Christian Dior 

Anyone with an inner greek goddess should see the golden, body defining, draped garments 

complemented with roman sandals and ancient symbols that represent the eternal creative power of women. 

See it for yourself here 

Chanel

Minimalists will like the the black, gray, mauve, cream, and white palette worn by the show’s schoolgirls in staying true to the characteristics of the founder’s turn-of-the century clothing. Paired with black patent shoes and white ankle socks, the refreshing styles carried an adult allure. 

Experience it first-hand here

Givenchy

Art enthusiasts can admire the clean, sculptural silhouettes in this poetic collection reminiscent of 1950’s head-wear and volumizing cloche shapes developed by the designer, all in stand-out pansy colors to bring modernity.

Get an up-close look here  

While the fashion calendar might be of dated order, the significance behind the mere three days of haute couture fashion week proved that meaningfulness certainly is not. Each nod to tradition made the pivotal season resemble something out of a fairytale. 

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.