roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Shelby Solla ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

This week’s cutie is without a doubt the most hilarious person you can encounter at MMC. With her comedic skills, sarcastic commentary, and fierce attitude this girl is a triple threat. Want to learn more about this cutie? Read on for our Q and A with Shelby Solla.

Tell us your name, age, year, and hometown

Shelby Solla. 19. Sophomore. Freeport, Pennsylvania.

How do you feel about being elected HCMMM’s Campus Cutie this week?

I’m definitely letting the power go to my head. I’ve hired a beauty entourage and publicist to make sure that I am accurately represented in the media.

Major/Minor?

Theatre, Writing for the Stage and Comm Arts, Creative Media

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

Probably the Regina Peruggi Room because I spend so much time there with my comedy crews!

Who is your celebrity crush?

This is a tough one. It was Chris Pratt before he became cool. I guess I’ll have to pick someone more avant-garde… Seth Meyers. Mmm.

If you could spend one day with your crush, what would you do?

I’d probably spend the day meeting all of his famous friends and networking and being instantly cast on Saturday Night Live. But in real life…I love doing things that require some sort of discovery, like digging through a record store, or talking about our feelings in a museum, or sitting on an airplane to see if they try to swipe the arm rest because that is a deal breaker.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I am prone to falling. Give me stairs and I can fall anywhere and anytime. I once ROLLED down the library staircase in the style of Leslie Knope falling into the pit and people at the bottom ran in the opposite direction to avoid getting bowled over by me. Other notable places I’ve fallen: Girl Scout camp, high school band camp (I passed out with a bass drum on), and down the subway stairs (in a dress).

On campus, where do you get your caffeine fix? Starbucks or the Cafe?

Definitely Starbucks. Or, as I like to call it, Starbz. It hasn’t caught on yet, but I feel confident now that it’s published.

What is your go-to drink at that place?

Venti caramel iced coffee with nonfat milk.

Best memory at MMC?

Anything that I’ve done with Nutz and Boltz or Dead Rabbits Society. Those guys are my everything. But if I had to choose, it would probably be our Christmas show last year. People couldn’t even get into the Peruggi because it was so packed and I was in one of my favorite sketches of all time. And there is photographic evidence, which is amazing. You could just feel so much love in that room and I can’t wait to recreate it this year!

Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?

Five years, hopefully working on hilarious, poignant writing and comedy with people that I care about. Ten years, retired.

What advice do you have for freshman?

BE YOURSELF!!!!! Going to college is hard enough so don’t worry about impressing people or making them like you. People respect those who are fearlessly, undeniably themselves, so go out there and kick some ASS! 

Favorites!

Class you’ve taken: New York’s Literary Women (my NYC seminar last year)Restaurant in NYC: The Square Diner in TriBeCa!Park in NYC: Central Park because I’m too lazy to get on a train and go anywhere else.Movie: Bridesmaids or School of RockSong: Right now, Post Modern Jukebox’s cover of “Hey Ya!” by Outkast. Incredible.Book: Harry Potter. Duh.Snack: Trader Joe’s Gorgonzola Crisps

Pick one!

Stay up late or wake up early? Wake up early because I’m lame as hellWalk or subway? Now that I’m Campus Cutie I refuse to walk, I ride in a chariot or am carried from place to place by non-union actors who appeared in the background of the Magic Mike franchise.Concerts or Broadway Shows? Broadway, I can’t forsake my roots.Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt? Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Banana Greek froyo. Always and forever.

Anything else you want to add? 

Come see me and all my cronies perform in Nutz and Boltz and Dead Rabbits Society! Also, follow me on Instagram: @shelbysolla and Twitter: @dftbashelby to laugh your buns off!!!!

Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.