Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Stacked
Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Stacked
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

While I haven’t lived in NYC long enough to know the subway systems like the back of my hand, or where the best coffee houses are, I do already know of some of the most delicious dessert places in the city. If you know me, you know that I have a major sweet tooth and love going out to get desserts all the time. Surprisingly though, I’ve never had a cavity. 

(*Knocks on wood*) Since being here, I’ve tried some of the most delicious desserts, with a lot of them being things I wouldn’t be able to try anywhere else, making them special. Here’s a list of some great dessert places I’ve been to so far. Emphasis on “so far” because you best bet I’ll be going to and finding more as time goes on.

Taiyaki NYC

Various flavors of ice creams, toppings, and choices of what you get your ice cream served in, from fish waffle cones to little swan inflatables. Taiyaki is a really great place.

DŌ Cookie Dough

Where the cookie dough is served up like ice cream. There are various flavors and they’re all delicious! I definitely recommend getting a milkshake with your favorite two flavors.

Levain Bakery

Levain has some of the best cookies I have ever had. They’re so moist and they’re made fairly large, so you get a great portion for what you pay! The bread options are amazing too. I always get the oatmeal raisin cookie and some delicious banana bread. 

Magnolia Bakery

First off, they have amazing banana pudding. I’ve tried the Red Velvet flavor and it was delicious. The original is just as amazing and it’s always a great option if there aren’t other flavors available. The cupcakes are also delicious!

Veniero’s

A really pretty Italian bakery that I’ve wanted to actually have food at for awhile, but I’ve only been for the dessert. I got a slice of delicious coconut cream cake and a mini cannoli. There are so many dessert options in their wide array of baked goods. 

Spot Dessert Bar

I’ve been here twice, getting two different desserts each time. The options here are so creative because they’re original desserts that they invent. Both treats I had were very delicious and all the other options look great too. 

Insomnia Cookies

As college students, we’ve most likely all heard of Insomnia. How they are open late and deliver to the students that crave a cookie in the middle of their late night studying. All of the cookies I’ve had here have been great, with my favorite being snickerdoodles.

Serendipity 3

I’ve been here quite a few times and the best thing I’ve ever had is the frozen hot chocolate. From the original to the other delicious flavors, like s’mores or salted caramel, the delicious dessert is a must.

Bibble & Sip

The drinks here are really good, with matcha flavored drinks, and so many other flavors of various drinks. The desserts are delicious and really adorable. They have cute bear cookies, llama cupcakes and flowers on top of some others, with various other types of desserts.

Big Gay Ice Cream Shop

The names of the flavors are really cute, and the flavor I got, “The Mermaid” was so good. I’m definitely going to go back and try some other flavors.

NYC just has so much to offer food wise, and especially when it comes to desserts. They’re just all so delicious in their own unique ways! Go out and experiment! You’ll love them.

Double Major in Digital Journalism & Cinema, Television & Emerging Media with a Minor in International Studies NYC I'm always asked where I'm from and my answer should just become "all over the place" because I have moved so many times.