element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Rory Gilmore’s 6 Potential Lovers for the ‘Gilmore Girls’ Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

As many of you know Netflix is a mere 24 days away from releasing one of the most anticipated revivals of the year. Of course, I am talking about Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Ever since I was introduced to this razor sharp and fast talking family dramedy, I have become obsessed. Like buy a “Luke’s” coffee cup from Amazon and only drink from it when I watch old episodes of the show kind of obsessed. How could one not fall in love with the Gilmores and Stars Hallow? 

While the series, which has gained a new following thanks to all season streaming on Netflix, ended with our girls sitting in Luke’s infamous coffee shop, ready to brave the new challenges life was throwing at them, one question still remained that drove fans crazy: Who does Rory end up with? Any true fan of the show knows that you are #TeamDean, #TeamJess, or #TeamLogan (I am on this team by the way). So with the revival just around the corner, it’s time to look at the many possibilities of Rory Gilmore’s love life.

Sidenote: We officially know that when the revival begins Rory will be single.

Option 1: Team Dean

While this option is not very likely due to the fact that Jared Padelecki, who played Rory’s first boyfriend Dean, is only in one out of the four episodes of the revival. Also, let’s face it: he’s too whiney! First he whines about Rory not saying “I love you” then he whined about college, then about Jess (which was valid), then he whined about getting married, then he whined about his wife. Enough Dean, we get it. The only thing that could possibly be a reason these two end up together is because they were each other’s first loves and he was a good first boyfriend. But I just don’t see our sophisticated, mature Rory ending up with him.

Option 2: Team Jess

Everyone roots for Jess. Everyone loves Jess and look I get it. He’ the bad boy with an intelligent mind and a “I don’t care attitude”. He likes to read and can keep up with Rory’s sharp banter. However, he treated like actual garbage when they were together! Remember when he took off with no word of where he was going and then he would call Rory just to say nothing. Not cool Jess. He does get points for coming back and apologizing for all his lameness, but too little too late. It’ll be nice to see the two together, and out of all the boyfriends he is probably #2 on the list of most likely possibilities.

Option 3: Team Logan

I am not bias! Facts are facts and Logan is in all four of the revival episodes. Whether this is a red herring we will have to see but I truly believe that out of all the boyfriends Logan is #1 on the list of who Rory will end up. Think about it. Logan was ready, Logan wanted to marry her. Yes, yes he gave her the really bad ultimatum, but I truly believe that these two never stopped loving each other.

Option 4: Team New Guy

Amy Sherman-Palladino creator and writer of Gilmore Girls and the brains behind the revival has stated that a new, handsome thirty-something will show up in the new episodes. Could this be a new love interest for Rory? Honestly, I hope not. We need more than four episodes to get used to a “new bae” for Rory. She deserves better than that and so do the fans. 

Option 5: Team Tristan

Please, God, please, no. While Chad Michael Murray is not returning for the revival. There is a blonde haired man in the revival named Tristan. Coincidence? No way. It appears Chad has been recast and with Rory (seemingly) working/visiting Chilton, maybe she will run into her old school mate. However, the likely hood of her ending up with him is actually crazy. But, hey, we need to mention all potential avenues.

Option 6: Team Rory

Obviously everyone is Team Rory. We all love her; we all want the best for her. Fans of the show want to know who she ends up with and who she will marry. But what if she doesn’t end up with anyone? Our girl is strong and intelligent, she loves to learn and she’s always wanted to travel. As we saw in the trailer she’s been going through a rough patch in her professional life, living like Jack Kuroac as Lorelai states. Perhaps this option isn’t terrible? Perhaps instead of rushing back into something with one of her past boyfriends or with someone knew, she focuses on herself. After all she has the best role model in her mom. Like mother, like daughter?

So place your bets and get your “Team Dean or Jess or Logan” shirts ready because the revival of Gilmore Girls hits Netflix on November 25, 2016

Marymount Manhattan College senior who has an unhealthy obsession with TV, film, and binge watching.