sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quick and Easy Halloween Costumes For A College Student On a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Halloween is coming up! While the holiday is always exciting, it can be stressful picking out a costume, especially as broke college students. So, here are six costume ideas that you may not have thought of yet and that can be thrown together easily with either things in your closet, or a quick trip to a store like Duane Reade or Michaels.

1. Billie Eilish 

What you need:

– A sweatshirt

– Sweatpants or shorts

– Sneakers or combat boots

– L’Oreal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup ($7.99) in blue or green, or a blue wig

2. Pac-Man Ghosts 

What you need:

– A plain oversized t-shirt in whatever color you want (pink, blue, orange, or red if you’re looking for accuracy)

– Black & white fabric paint (to make the eyes)

– Knee high socks in the color of your Pac-Man ghost

– Sneakers or whatever shoes you want

3. Kim Possible 

What you need:

–  Black long sleeve shirt

– Green Cargo pants

-You can spray your hair orange or get a wig

4. “It’s Raining Men” 

What you need:

– Raincoat

– Umbrella

– Print out pictures of your favorite male celebrities and attach them with string or ribbon to the umbrella

5. Men in Black 

What you need:

– Black Suit

– White Collared Shirt

– Black Sunglasses

6. Riverdale 

Surprise! You can pull off any character from Riverdale, using different pieces from your closet!

With these budget conscious and trendy Halloween pieces, you’ll be ready for all of your Halloweekend adventures!

Hannah is currently a student at Marymount Manhattan College. Whenever she has free time, you can catch her reading lots and lots of books, or bingeing yet another television show. She is a chocolate milk enthusiast and a self proclaimed theatre nerd. Enjoy her articles!
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.