This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The Bergen County, New Jersey based band, The Front Bottoms, have just ended a year of touring with Brand New and Modern Baseball as well as a few tour dates with blink-182 which hit stadiums like the Barclay’s Center. Ever since their debut album dropped and they switched to Fueled by Ramen’s record label, they have been heading to the top of the scene. With their success and growing connections with Brooklyn Vegan, this year they are putting on another holiday party which they’re calling “Champagne Jam.” Last time they did this was the year before last and they had bands like Kevin Devine, Craig Finn, and more. This year it is even better with names like Screaming Females, Diet Cig, Hodera, and SWMRS. The list is still getting bigger, the show is only about a week away, and it is all going down at Webster Hall in the East Village in New York City.

In honor of this exciting show coming up, here are a few highlights of the bands playing and the best songs and albums to check out before you go!

The Front Bottoms:

The headlining act and host of Champagne Jam. They originally started as the duo of Brian Sella and Mat Uychich but now they are a full foursome after the addition of Cieran O’Donnell and Tom Warren.

Best song to listen to: “Twin Size Mattress” (Talon of the Hawk)

Screaming Females:

An indie rock band from New Brunswick, New Jersey comprised of Marissa Paternoster, Jarrett Dougherty on drums and King Mike on bass.

Best song to listen to: “Hopeless” (Rose Mountain)

Diet Cig:

Pop Punk duo from New Paltz, New York made up of Alex Luciano and Noah Bowman.

Best song to listen to: “Scene Sick” (Over Easy EP)

Hodera:

Indie-Rock/ Folk band from the New Jersey/ Pennsylvania area led by Matt Smith. Other members include Doug Gallo, Alek Mager and Scott Tiley.

Best song to listen to: “Breathe Easy”

SWMRS:

Punk Rock band from Oakland, California made up of members, Cole and Max Becker, Seb Mueller and Joey Armstrong.

Best song to listen to: “Palm Trees” (Drive North)

I hope this list gives you some inspiration to add to your playlist leading up to the big event. I know I can’t wait to see all of these amazing artists at Champagne Jam this year!

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli