Pinterest’s Best Painted Pumpkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s October and you know what that means—pumpkin everything. While the whole world rejoices over lattes and pastries utilizing this delicious seasonal flavor, let’s not forget about our original obsession with the return of pumpkins each fall—the decorating. Carving is the traditional route when prepping for Halloween, but when you live in an apartment or dorm room it’s not always the most ideal choice. In a small space, it can be a messy and smelly project that can leave you with a beautiful pumpkin no doubt, but ultimately not the most practical display of your fall enthusiasm. Luckily for any of us stuck in this pumpkin predicament, our fellow Pinteresters have got our backs with some of the most adorable and creative painted pumpkin ideas ever. So grab your paint brushes and glitter glue and take a look at some of my favorite painted pumpkin ideas to inspire your own crafty creations this fall!  

You can never go wrong with some sequins and a hot glue gun.

Donut pumpkins. Adorable. Enough said.

These metallic drip pumpkins are simple, elegant, and oh so chic!

Ok, who doesn’t love a combined pop-culture and Halloween pun?! Grab yourself some letter stencils and you’re good to go!

Black and gold are the classiest of colors, both wardrobe and pumpkin painting staples right here.

Emoji pumpkins. Two of the most basic things all in one! They’re adorable so just embrace it and use some paint or paper cutouts to re-create your favorite characters.

When in doubt, just cover it with glitter.

Communication Arts and Dance student in NYC. Interests include the arts, The Office, and anything with sprinkles. 
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli