This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Once a year, all of the Her Campus chapters from the New York City area gather at one of the most anticipated events of the fall: College Fashion Week. College Fashion Week is a not only a fashion show, but it is also a place for free expression, where you can show off your style, pose for all of the different photo ops, and make connections with Her Campus members from different schools.

This year’s College Fashion Week was all about girl power. There were stations highlighting companies like Primark that decorated their booths with inspirational quotes. We made buttons which featured templates centered around women, and one of the runway shows solely featured feminist t-shirts. And, like always, there was a ton of free stuff! There was an entire goodie bag from Ulta containing brands like Too Faced and Redken, alarms and drink tests from Sabre, tote bags, popsicles, and makeup from Almay, Eos lip balm, and even a Diva Cup! Talk about female empowerment am I right?

We also got our hair and makeup done by professionals from Ulta. Of course, the highlight of the night was getting to watch an incredible fashion show featuring up and coming designers. College Fashion Week keeps getting better and better, and I always leave feeling so confident and beautiful. There’s something about being in a room full of powerful women that really makes the event so special. My friends and I had so much fun this year and cannot wait to see what next year has in store!

Student at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City Majoring in Neuroscience and Studio Art
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com