Novak Djokovic Wins Fourth Straight ATP World Tour Title

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

What a year Novak Djokovic has had. Coming off the heels of a spectacular 2014 in which he got married, became a father, and finished as world number one, Djokovic wasted no time to make 2015 an even more memorable season.

Similar to Serena Williams, Djokovic won three of the four grand slams this season bringing his career grand slam titles to an even ten. He has proven to be unstoppable as other greats like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have failed to get passed him tournaments.

Since 2012, Djokovic has proven he is one of the best in the sport by taking home the title in the ATP World Tour Tournament, the finals for tennis, and cementing his year end ranking at number one. This year was no different, and he faced familiar competition in Roger Federer, whom he defeated 6-3, 6-4 in 80 minutes in London on Saturday, November 21.

Just because Djokovic has dominated the tour this year and extended his reign at number one in the world, does not mean he is satisfied with his accomplishments so far. He told the BBC that The French Open is always a tough tournament for him, and one in which he was within two sets of winning this year, which would have given him a calendar grand slam for 2015. He intends to work on tackling the obstacle that is Roland Garros and focus on the upcoming 2016 olympics, where he will represent his native country, Serbia.

Communications major at Marymount Manhattan College with the dream of being a sports journalist. Avid SF Giants fan, born in the Bay Area living in NYC.
Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside