New Shake Shack Opens In Midtown East

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

In February the New York Post announced that Shake Shack would be opening a new location on Third Avenue between 39th and 40th street in New York City. After many months, the chain has finally opened in our ‘hood!

“Just a burger’s throw from Grand Central Station, the Midtown East Shack features all the Shake Shack classics, from 100% all-natural Angus beef ShackBurgers and griddled-crisp flat-top dogs to our exclusive Brooklyn Brewery ShackMeister Ale and the Shack’s beloved crinkle cut fries,” the official Shake Shack website describes.

Hand-painted mural by Greg Lamarche (a member of the #ShackCreativeCommunity) is featured at the Midtown East location.

Since its opening on Tuesday, Shake Shack Midtown East has had over 200,000 check-in’s via the smartphone application Foursquare. Unsurprisingly, the burger joint is rarely ever seen with out a line going out the door and wrapping around to the block. They are open daily from 11am to 11pm.

Click here for the Midtown East Shake Shack Menu.

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside