Manhattan Rooftop Bar Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Nothing says spring in New York than a night out at a rooftop bar. As the weather gets warmer and being outside becomes a little more enticing, the best place to be on a warm night is 20 stories above the hustle and bustle, cocktail in hand, and enjoying an amazing view. Here are the coolest rooftop bars Manhattan has to offer.

230 Fifth Rooftop Bar

With a near perfect view of the Empire State Building, 230 Fifth is the place to be after dark. The bar includes an enclosed penthouse floor as well as a full roof deck open to the sky. During the winter months, they have rooftop igloos to stay warm. The perfect place to stop in any day of the week for a cocktail or for a weekend brunch with a view!

Open 7 days a week /  Saturday & Sunday brunch 10am-4pm​

Beer from $9 / Wine from $10 / Cocktails from $14

Happy hour Monday-Friday 2pm-7pm

Table reservations first come, first serve / Fridays and Saturdays starting at $130

Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar

Located on top of the Conrad hotel in Battery Park City, this rooftop bar comes with an amazing view of the Hudson. Loopy Doopy is known for their Insta-worthy proseccos & ice pop cocktails that are as refreshing as they sound. Drinks have a high price tag, so plan on only staying for a drink or two.

Open Wednesday-Sunday 2-10pm

Beer from $10 / Wine from $15 / Cocktails from $18 / Loopy pops from $22

No reservations

The Empire Rooftop

While your tab at the Empire may run high, everyone must grab a drink at this New York spot made famous by the one and only Chuck Bass. But, it isn’t just the street cred that will make it worth your while. The drinks, food, and atmosphere are all the perfect way to feel as classy as ever. The rooftop is open for breakfast, cocktails, and brunch on weekends.

Open 7 days a week / Mon-Fri breakfast 7-10:30am / Sat & Sun brunch 11am-3pm

Beer from $8 / Wine from $13 / Cocktails from $17

Reservations available on OpenTable

Gallow Green

The famous McKittrick Hotel has more to offer than just the iconic Sleep No More interactive theater experience. They also have a gorgeous garden-themed rooftop bar and restaurant. Gallow Green is open after 5PM on weekdays for drinks and 11AM on weekends for a buffet-style brunch at $35 per person.

Open 7 days a week & weekends for brunch

Reservations available on OpenTable

Cantina Rooftop

For a little Mexican influence, head to this brightly-colored rooftop restaurant and bar in Midtown West. With a retractable glass rooftop, Cantina is perfect for all weather. Drinks and food prices run on the cheaper end–as far as rooftop bars go. The perfect place to spend happy hour with your friends!

Open Monday-Saturday 5-9:30pm, Sat & Sun 11:30am-3:30pm

Beer from $8 / Wine from $10 / Cocktails from $12

Happy hour Monday-Thursday 5-7pm

Reservations available here

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli