This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

New York Fashion Week 2019 kicked off on February 8th, and with it came collection after collection of enchanting designs and influential looks. The magic of couture was brought to life

as designers sent awe-inspiring pieces down the runway, giving the world a taste of the trends to be expected in the upcoming months.

Following the shows immerses viewers in a realized dream- which is why I’ve gathered some of the most captivating and all around charming looks to come down the runway this season.

Kate Spade New York, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

Kate Spade delivered a groovy collection full of 70’s silhouettes, lilac purple, and plenty of leopard print. Featured styles included high-waisted pants and shirtdresses that would not be complete without a signature spade-bearing satchel. Models wore lace-up boots and deep, berry colored lipstick to compliment the jewel-toned clothing.

Brock Collection, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

Brock Collection’s show felt true to the modern woman thanks to the combination of delicate florals and luxe fabric with soft tailoring. By incorporating corsets, belts, large bows, and frills into the designs, the looks coming down the runway emulated feelings of romance and confidence. Each look was complete with either flats, mules, leather boots, or stilettos. Makeup consisted of soft pink lips and silver-toned smokey eyes.

Tom Ford, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

Tom Ford opted for simplicity this time around and kept shapes sharp with turned up collars and strong shoulders. However, the use of luscious colors and materials like faux-fur, silk, and velvet kept things glamorous. Not to mention, each women’s look was worn with ankle-strap peep-toe platforms, some entirely rhinestoned.

Novis, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

The delightful texture and embroidery in Novis’s collection bloomed with craftsmanship and stayed true to the brand. Highlights of the Art Deco-inspired collection included floral trousers, tea length dresses, and jumpsuits. Looks were presented with various shades of blue tights, silver heels, and bold fuchsia eyeshadow.

Rodarte, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

Rodarte brought Hollywood to the runway with fantastical designs and theatrical silhouettes made to make wearers feel pretty and original wherever they go. The gorgeous show included lace and tulle dresses embellished with butterflies and hearts. Looks were accessorized with floral headdresses, plastic shoes, and glittery makeup.

Pamella Roland, Fall 2019 Ready-To-Wear

As another designer not wanting to stray from what she does best, Pamella Roland created red carpet ready dresses in stain glass-inspired fall hues. Fitted silhouettes donned with pearls, ostrich feathers, and olive green tinsel were popular for their intricate application and pretty sparkle.

The world of high fashion, although designed to be a fantasy, can be fascinating to look to for everyday inspiration and because it is so relevant to what’s going on in the world, can even offer a fresh perspective.

As another New York Fashion Week celebration comes to a close, I’m looking forward to continuing to follow the industry and one day being a part of it.

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com