It’s Mean Girls Day! Here’s How You Should Celebrate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

On October 3rd Aaron Samuels asked Cady Heron what was the date and history was made. October 3rd is the day fans (and Tina Fey herself) have dubbed Mean Girls Day. Perfect for celebrating one of the best and most quotable movies of our time. So get together with the greatest people you will ever meet and here is how to celebrate!

1. Wear Pink!

Not only is it (unofficially) National Mean Girls Day, it also happens to be Wednesday! And simply put, on Wednesdays we wear pink.

2. See The Broadway Musical

Speaking of wearing pink on Wednesdays, Mean Girls the Musical gives out a limited number of $42.50 tickets only to those wearing pink outside the main entrance of the August Wilson theater every Wednesday. It’ll be so grool. If you can’t make it, download the cast album and jam out!

3. Paint the Town Pink!

Locations all across NYC including Drybar, Gregory’s Coffee, Dylan’s Candy Bar, etc. are having totally fetch specials and events! Grab your gal pals and test your girl squad knowledge with Trivia, at select locations across the city. You don’t have to be a mathlete to win this competition. In honor of the renowned movie and now equally as successful Broadway musical, Black Tap is debuting a very special Mean Girls Milkshake. Be sure to share with your friends, that’s just like the rules of feminism. Find out where you can celebrate at meangirlsonbroadway.com

4. (for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco!) Watch the Movie!

Grab your girls and cheese fries and settle in, and yes, we’re quoting along.

Madeline Nortz is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College after transferring from Tarrant County College in Texas. She is a Strategic Communications Major with a minor in Digital Journalism. She is passionate about social media and feminism and loves theatre, pasta, literature, traveling, and trivia. She hopes to one day publish a novel.
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com