I Bought A Book Called ‘Everyday Courage: 365 Days to A Fearless Life’ and It Is Inspiring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

“Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared” – Eddie Rickenbacker. This is the quote I received on the day that I wrote this piece, February 5th, from the daily quotes in the book I bought called Everyday Courage: 365 Days to A Fearless Life. To have a daily quote to start my days with is quite inspiring and sets me up to have a wonderful, daring, and courageous day, no matter what is in store for me. The past few days’ quotes have been about courage and facing fears and this past week was the first week back to classes, meaning many introductions and new faces. Each quote becomes my daily mantra and I will always remember each one from now on, as they will always influence me in the best ways possible.

Quotes and mantras I have read so far from last month spoke a lot of courage and ways to garner it: 

“You can make whatever you want out of your life, but first you have to not be afraid to try”- Unknown.

Whether it be asking for a pay raise, or asking someone out, fill your mind with courage. In these trying times, I understand how it has become increasingly harder for some to get out of their own way and be courageous because everything we knew went away. But our courage and stamina can only get stronger. So what so many opportunities are on pause right now, make your own! Start a podcast, make a Youtube channel, record your music from the comfort of your own home, write to your heart’s content and submit to online publications. Companies find it extremely admirable for young college kids to utilize and take advantage of the immense amount of time that we have been made to take away from the outside world to hone, practice, and perfect their craft. With an emphasis on practice and experience.

“Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re going to fail at everything” -Marilyn Monroe.

This period of time has helped so many grow and learn doing what they love and I’d say that is a great positive note we can take from this horrible time in history.

My two favorite quotes so far are “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything”-Vincent Van Gogh and “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails” -Elizabeth Edwards.

I thought the second quote would be a great quote to include in this Her Campus article because I truly see that this is how we women have been throughout all of these hard times over the past year, extremely resilient and strong in every way. I highly recommend that everyone get this book because it truly is a great way to start the day and think about how you are going to take it on.

Double Major in Digital Journalism & Cinema, Television & Emerging Media with a Minor in International Studies NYC I'm always asked where I'm from and my answer should just become "all over the place" because I have moved so many times.