This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

There is truly nothing like going to see live theater. Magic happens on the stage 8 times each week. Though, in New York City, tickets can certainly be pricey. As a student, getting the chance to see a Broadway show can be tough. The following sites are great sources to find discounted tickets to various shows!

TodayTix

Not only does TodayTix offer discounted tickets to various Broadway shows, but they also offer tickets to Off-Broadway shows and concerts! You can save as much as 70% on the app and the website. On this popular site, you can find tickets to shows such as Dear Evan Hansen, Anastasia, Wicked, and more.

TDF

The Theatre Development Fund (TDF) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to assisting the theatre world. TDF members can save up to 70% on NYC tickets, and trust me, it is worth it! Their manifesto is a beautiful sentiment to the importance of experiencing live theatre:

“For everyone who ever saw something live on stage or dearly wished they could. For every kid who wonders what if. For every teacher who’s looking to light the spark. For everyone who wants to know the thrill of the live experience, but thinks it’s not for them. We’re here to say: it’s for all of us. For the enthusiasts, the young, the old, the newbies and the nostalgics, the critics, the purists, and the innocents. For those electric moments that change how we see, think, feel, live. For all those players, producers and creators who make the magic. For today’s shows and audiences – and tomorrow’s. For everyone who wants to feel the power of the performing arts. We’re here. We’re TDF.”  

TKTS Booth

The TKTS booth is a Times Square staple run by TDF. Every day, you can line up at the booth to score tickets discounted between 20% and 50% for many Broadway shows. They also have locations at the South Street Seaport and Lincoln Center. To plan ahead, you can browse real-time listings on their website or on your phone with the TKTS app.

Broadway Box

Broadway Box offers discount codes to many high-demand plays, musicals, and concerts in New York City! Just simply go to their website, copy the discount code for your desired show, and buy your tickets. You can use the codes on Telecharge, 54 Below, and more. The creators of the site wanted to provide a way for NYC to help heal after 9/11 with theater, and their creation lives 17 years later.

Lottery

Many shows on Broadway currently offer lotteries almost every day to win discounted or free tickets. Hamilton even offers $10 tickets to every single show on their app! To find these deals, visit your desired show’s website and check out their lottery policy! You never know what could happen.

Theatermania

Theatermania offers discounted tickets for Broadway and Off-Broadway shows in NYC, and also caters to Los Angeles, Boston, Las Vegas, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, DC. Simply head to their website and search for your show. They offer discounts up to 70%!

Live theater is truly magical and these sources can make it affordable and easy to attend. I wish you the best of luck with finding tickets!

Rebekah Moses is currently a sophomore at Marymount Manhattan College, after moving to NYC from her hometown of Farmington, CT. She is a Theatre Arts Producing and Management major, with a Comm Arts minor!
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com